Re: mtdiag and tuiototouch

On 02/22/2011 09:48 AM, Stéphane Chatty wrote:
> Le 22 févr. 11 à 14:55, Duncan McGreggor a écrit :
>> On 02/22/2011 06:44 AM, Stéphane Chatty wrote:
>>> The two utilities are at http://git.lii-enac.fr
>>
>> Chase,
>>
>> Seeing how feature freeze is Thursday, what would it take to get
>> these in?
>
> We are ready to help, of course. Either now, or for the next version
> (Obese Otter?).

Feature freeze is Thursday, as Duncan noted. That means we have to get
all the main Ubuntu functionality uploaded by then. After Thursday,
every change to Natty requires more paperwork in the form of feature
freeze exceptions. Usually exceptions must be in the form of bug fixes.

However, new packages that don't affect any other packages have some
extra room. They may be accepted up until Beta freeze, which is March
24th. You would still need to go through the feature freeze process, but
the standards to meet are lower.

You can find more information on freezes here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess.

I would suggest trying to go through Debian for your packages. The main
reason we don't go through Debian for our packages is simply that we
need to be able to upload an entire stack of changes, like the XInput
2.1 stack, which Debian won't take at this time. As long as your changes
are not dependent on Ubuntu-specific packages, Debian is probably the
best bet.

Once it's in Debian it is trivial to sync a package to Ubuntu. We'd be
more than happy to help you get the syncing done at that point. If you
have any issues going through Debian, we can take a look at going
directly into Ubuntu.

Thanks!

-- Chase