Re: MT Type B events and Android

Le 16 mars 2011 à 12:44, multi-touch-dev-bounces+chatty=enac.fr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> On 03/16/2011 04:41 AM, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>>

>> Android detects a multitouch device when ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR and
>> ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID are present. Then, you can use the protocol A
>> by reporting contact through ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR.

>> Currently, developers told us that they won't have the time to do it for
>> Honeycomb.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Benjamin
>
> Great info, Benjamin -- thanks so much!

Just an addition: in our git repository, Benjamin manages a branch for Android where hid-multitouch.c is patched to reflect the above information. The problem we have is that kernel management for Android appears to be decentralized (each vendor is supposed to provide their own patched kernel) and we have nobody to submit this version to. Hopefully, our contact at Google will find the time to use protocol B in the next version of Android and we'll be able to forget all this.

Cheers,

St.