Re: Running ginn and uTouch-geis on Gentoo

On 03/19/2011 09:31 AM, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 11:35 +0100, Andreas Willich wrote:
>> 2011/3/19 Stephen M. Webb <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Do you have the modified evdev plugin for the x.org server, the one
>>> implementing the XCB gesture protocol and containing the grail gesture
>>> recognizer?
>>>
>>> Ah, this is the puzzle piece that is missing.
>> Where do I find the patches for that?
>
> The utouch-grail gesture recognizer project can be found at
> <https://launchpad.net/utouch-grail>.
>
> The patch for the x.org evdev plugin can be found in the source package,
> <https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/1:2.6.0-1ubuntu10>.  It is also in the maverick source package, and there may be a source repo for it somewhere, but we build it as a patch to the upstream source.  I imagine this is preferable for Gentoo, too.

There's also the patches for the X server:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/natty/xorg-server/natty/files/head:/debian/patches/

The 500 level patches are for the input related work. 500_xi2.1.patch is
a first approach implementation of XInput 2.1 that is in Natty right
now. It will not be used going forward, however, so I don't recommend
porting it to gentoo unless you want to be on the extremely bleeding
edge like us :). The other two patches are the ones necessary for uTouch
gesture support at this time.

Please note that in our next cycle of work we will be moving the uTouch
stack to the client side of X, meaning no patches against the X server
or any input modules will be needed going forward.

Thanks!

-- Chase