Re: Xorg patches needed for uTouch?

On 09/20/2011 06:52 PM, Gustavo Luiz Duarte wrote:
> Do you have installed package xserver-xorg-input-evdev with the patch
> 101-gestures.patch ?

There is a similar patch for synaptics.

> You will need also package libutouch-grail1.

The x server will also need 501_xf86CoordinatesToWindow.patch.

I want to note that we are in the middle of a rearchitecture of uTouch.
We are moving the stack out of the X server and making it a client of X.
This depends on the forthcoming XInput multitouch support. So, while we
encourage everyone who is interested in gestures to patch their server
to add gesture support for now, if you prefer you can wait until the
rearchitecture is done and no server or input module patching is needed.

It is hoped that XInput multitouch support will land in upstream X.org
server 1.12, which will be released early next year. By that time, we
will have the gesture stack rearchitected as well.

-- Chase