Re: utouch on Xorg 1.12.0?

On 03/10/2012 03:59 PM, 小龙 陈 wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm currently maintaining the utouch-* packages and Xorg packageswith Ubuntu patches in Arch Linux and I saw than in the latest versionsof Ubuntu's xorg, XInput 2.2 was backported to Xorg 1.14.0. So, I'mwondering if XInput 2.2 in Xorg 1.12.0 is enough to make utouch work?
Thanks in advance!Xiao-Long Chen

Hi!

Yes, X.org 1.12.0 is the first upstream X server release that can support utouch without any modifications to the server. You will need the very latest bits of the utouch stack, meaning utouch-frame 2.x, utouch-grail 3.x, and utouch-geis 2.2.4 or later.

Thanks for maintaining the packages in Arch!

-- Chase