mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
mylvmbackup-0.11 has been released
Some days ago, I released version 0.11 of mylvmbackup. The source archive as
well as a generic RPM can be found on the project home page
(http://www.lenzg.org/mylvmbackup), packages for many Linux distributions are
available on the openSUSE Build service (http://software.opensuse.org/).
This release includes some new functionality as well as numerous bug fixes and
improvements, most notably:
* Added support for using rsnap as a backup backend (Matt Lohier)
* The documentation is now maintained in POD style instead of asciidoc
* Support using non-GNU tar and additional compression methods (e.g. bzip2,
lzma) (Alexander Skwar)
* Code cleanups, improved error handling and logging
I would like to thank all the contributors for their support! More details
about the changes in this release, directly from the ChangeLog:
* Added new option "--quiet" that suppresses informal logging output
(warnings and errors will still be printed/logged)
* Applied patch from "kjetilho" that makes mylvmbackup more robust and
paranoid when it comes to handling errors/failures (Bug #298175) Now the
script aborts cleanly in case of any error.
* Fixed error handling in case of a failed DB connection (patch submitted by
Matthew Boehm, Bug #280989)
* Merged changes from Alexander Skwar: Fix for Bug #278478 and implemented
Blueprint "Improve the tar backup backend of mylvmbackup"
* Fixed Bug #271671: "overloading parameters does not work" by removing the
default values for host and port from the configuration file and removing
the unnecessary check for passing both host and socket at the same time.
Updated documentation and configuration file comments accordingly.
* Applied patch suggested by "Jonas" to fix Bug #267944: "backup returns
successfully when snapshot creation fails"
* Code cleanup: moved flushing of tables in a separate subroutine
* Code cleanup: moved log messages into the respective subroutines
* Code cleanup: use return values of subroutines instead of updating global
* Improved some log messages to explain what was DONE or FAILED
* Code cleanup: build up long command strings in a $command variable before
passing it to system()
* Renamed subroutine create_snapshot() to create_lvm_snapshot()
* Merged patch from Matthew Boehm: Removed old asciidoc documentation in
favor of POD style. This removes the dependency on the external program a2x
for creating documentation and uses the 'built-in' pod2html and pod2man
instead. Updated the Makefile to accommodate the change.
* Applied patch from Matthew Boehm to make the backup file name suffix
configurable via a "--suffix" option. Updated the man page accordingly.
* Applied patch from Matt Lohier to support rsnap as a backup backend
* Moved the list of contributors from the man page into a separate CREDITS
file, added missing names
Lenz Grimmer <lenz@xxxxxxxxxxx> -o)
[ICQ: 160767607 | Jabber: LenZGr@xxxxxxxxxx] /\\
Description: OpenPGP digital signature