mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Support for SE Linux

Hi Lenz,

> Hmm, I wonder what could be going on here. Did you try configure SE
> Linux log an error instead of blocking the action? It would be
> interesting to see the log.

Thank you for your reply.

The problem was that the security context of the innodb data file at
the temporary recovery locatio) did not allow mysql to open it
(permission denied).

I would love to paste the error log, but it was on a customer's
machine... and for the same reason that they cared enough to use SE
Linux, I don't want to accidentally divulge any information that could
be remotely useful ;)

In the end the solution was to disable the InnoDB recovery step, but I
am sure at some point in the future I will have to attack this problem
again.

- Morgan