mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

threaded Network-IO

Hi,

I just pushed a old patch-set I had lying around since ... a long time.

  https://code.launchpad.net/~jan-kneschke/mysql-proxy/threaded-io

It implements:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mysql-proxy/+spec/mysql-proxy-threaded-network-io

By default it we single-thread the network-traffic as trunk/ currently
does, but you can create several event-threads with

  --event-threads=8

if you want. The test-cases are all passing, but they are all running
without --event-threads (aka 1).

Please give this one a test and check if it already helps to improve the
performances (especially if no lua code is involved).

cheers,
  Jan
--
 jan: "Gee, Brain^WEric, what'd you wanna do tonight?"
eric: Same thing we do everynight: Take over the HelloWorld!