mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: ANNC: Default mysql-proxy port number will change to 6446 in a future release

Very good.  Thanks for registering this properly etc.

Kay Röpke wrote:
Hi folks!

Since we are simply squatting on a random port number (4040 for its beauty) for proxy right now we decided that we should really get an official port assignment, especially because 4040 was already assigned to someone else.

That's what has happened now, and I've received the final port number assignment earlier this week.

FYI, here's a part of the assignment notification:
mysql-proxy     6446/tcp   MySQL Proxy
mysql-proxy     6446/udp   MySQL Proxy
#                          Kay Roepke <Kay.Roepke&Sun.COM> 22 April 2009

See: http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

Please note that we might change it as soon as in 0.8.0, but not for any 0.7.x releases. At the very latest it will change in 0.9.x because that will be feature complete as we ramp up to 1.0 GA. (There are no dates determined for any of the releases yet.)

The port-numbers list should eventually find its way as /etc/services into the different distributions as well :)

cheers,
-k

--
Mike Frank
Senior Product Manager, Database Group

GET CERTIFIED & REGISTER NOW for the 2009 MySQL Conference & Expo!  - April
20-23, 2009, Santa Clara, California. -  www.mysqlconf.com