mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

mysql proxy as a switch to multiple mysql database servers

Hi Folks,

I plan to use the following mysql architecture. We will have multiple
mysql servers on different ports on the same machine. Each db server
process will run as a different user. I want to use mysql proxy and
run it on port 3306 (on the same machine may be to start with), so
essentially users connect to the mysql proxy which should switch the
connection to the appropriate db server possibly based on the username
supplied. I am not looking for load balancing, just pure switching. Is
this possible with mysql proxy?

Thanx
Samit

Follow ups