mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Guide to running multiple proxies on same machine

Hi!

On Jun 16, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Brian Zammit wrote:

Hello group,

I need to run two proxies on the same server, one on default port 4040 and the other on port 4050 (arbitrarly chosen). One is used for read and the
other for writes, split at the application level.

Is there a recommended way to startup, run and control two proxies running
on a machine?

Not really, as we currently don't supply init.d scripts for example.
However, the easiest way to do it is to use the --defaults-file option for the two instances.
Joshua described the format in a blog post: http://blog.zhuzhaoyuan.com/2009/02/using-mysql-proxys-configuration-file/

That way you only have to use one parameter when starting the proxies.

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Roepke
Software Engineer, MySQL Enterprise Tools

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Sonnenallee 1, DE-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Geschaeftsfuehrer:    Thomas Schroeder,  Wolfang Engels,  Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering                    HRB MUC 161028