mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Simple proxy setup for application split read and writes

Hello again list,

I want to use mysql-proxy to create a simple pair of proxy applications. One
for reads, one for writes that are split at the application level.

The write configuration is currently:
--daemon --proxy-skip-profiling --proxy-address=localhost:4040
--admin-address=localhost:4041 --proxy-backend-addresses=10.10.10.10:3306

The read configuration is currently:
--daemon --proxy-skip-profiling --proxy-address=localhost:4050
--admin-address=localhost:4051
--proxy-backend-addresses=10.10.10.20:3306--proxy-backend-addresses=
10.10.10.21:3306

I want the read servers to be load balanced, and have read servers
automatically fall out and rejoin the pool on failure/recovery. Does the
configuration above make sense, or should I be using --proxy-

read-only-backend-addresses for the read configuration to have this work
properly?

Suggestions on the most convenient way to watch the queries flow through the
proxies to make sure queries are going where they should?

Brian

Follow ups