mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Multi threading

Hi Liran,

On 14 Nov 2010, at 20:42, Liran Zelkha wrote:

I have a weird issue.
I am executing a query against a mysqlproxy instance, and my lua script executes a query directly against a database, gets the response, wraps it and returns a proxy.PROXY_SEND_RESULT. This works nicely. The problem is that if one query is blocked (for example, trying to select data from a locked table), no other query can execute against the mysqlproxy.

Any way around it? I played with the event-thread parameter, to no avail.

The event-thread parameter is for network event threads - things coming in off the wire - for the most part. There is a major body of work coming up in the 0.9 series for MySQL Proxy that will also multi- thread the lua layer as well. Currently the lua layer is a single thread, at a global level.

This means that currently anything that you do use to wrap a statement should be as light weight as possible. I would certainly not recommend running statements against a table that could be locked entirely.

Best regards

Mark

--
Mark Leith