mythbuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~kirkland/ubuntu-dev-tools/612267 into lp:ubuntu-dev-tools

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Benjamin Drung
<benjamin.drung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think that ubuntu-dev-tools is the right package for the errno tool. errno is not related to _Ubuntu_ development. It's related to developing in general.

Where would you recommend it live?

I considered:
 * linux-tools (per mdz's suggestion), but this packaged wasn't
installed on any of my development machines, doesn't seem terribly
pervasive, and the only binary provided is "perf" (by
linux-tools-common)
 * devtools, but this package is to "to make the life of a Debian
Package maintainer easier"
 * coreutils, but these seem to be more about "making your system run"
than "doing hard core development"
 * ubuntu-dev-tools, also packaging specific, but friendly
maintainer(s), and I actually have commit access

:-Dustin
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~kirkland/ubuntu-dev-tools/612267/+merge/32216
Your team Ubuntu Development Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~kirkland/ubuntu-dev-tools/612267 into lp:ubuntu-dev-tools.