Re: Suggestion: IRC Channel

Hi all.

On 10 December 2013 02:51, Leigh Tate <leigh.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not discounting it by any means, just thinking of what we've dealt
> with in the past. But then, I've never used an IRC channel, so I honestly
> don't know of it's limitations,if any. Perhaps a crash course would be in
> order?
>
> Best wishes,
> Leigh

Even considering that we're all under different timezones, I think that the
team would came up gaining by setting up its own IRC channel, because if we
consider it pragmatically there's always moments when at least two members
are under daylight at the same time, and thus able to communicate with each
other in the channel.
As an example I can mention the Xubuntu team. Among all, we cover about 4
or 5 timezones, from US, going through Latin America and all the way to
Finland, and most of the times we all gather at the same time in the team
channel.
And of course there's also the channel logs, which IMO are a valuable tool
to be considered.

Regarding the fact that neither you, Leigh, and perhaps also Geoff, never
used an IRC channel, that's not a reason for concerns as it's really easy
to do it and the learning curve isn't a steep one. I'm dropping a link for
you both to take a look at:

Tutorial about IRC in general, but to address the peculiarities of
freenode<http://freenode.net/faq.shtml>

Cheers,
David Pires

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster