Re: Listing some Menu Selections in CAPITALS ?

On 21/01/14 10:00, Leigh Tate wrote:

LINKS was Capitalized as it was the heading of all those particular links. I thought it best to have at the top of the page to help make it easier to find. Now that it no longer has a front page link it is a little buried I think. To have an explanation would be ideal although there may be space limitations. I was thinking that as long as we don't overdo it, the users would hopefully figure the logic out for themselves. Perhaps we could mention the method in the Wiki thread from time to time which should help. (Which may be your thought too Leigh?) We could submit Potential pages (several of if necessary) to get a vote from the team whether to Capitalize or not. Again - just a thought.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Not too long ago I noticed that LINKS was capitalized, also that it is at the top of the L page rather than inserted alphabetically. I think being able to distinguish parent pages is a good idea, because they list relavant links. We would just need to make sure there was a key or explanation to make sure everyone understood what the capitals designate.
"Pages that are of particular importance and/or interest could be listed in all Capitals to emphasize this."<<
Except how would we decide which pages are important or of interest? Perhaps the answer to that is too subjective? I think one of your older ideas Geoff, to make a discussion post of "Pages of Interest" might suit better(?)

Just a thought,
Leigh
----- Original Message -----
From: Geoff Smith
Sent: 01/20/14 05:35 PM
To: newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Newdocs] Listing some Menu Selections in CAPITALS ?

Hi team, I have an idea for possible inclusion in NewDocs. My suggestion is illustrated in the A index of NewDocs with the APPLICATIONS link. As you can see, all letters are CAPITALS which I feel could draw the users eye to it. I believe that the menus would be enhanced if the "Rock Solid" Parent Pages were displayed in all Capital Letters. Pages that are of particular importance and/or interest could be listed in all Capitals to emphasize this. Actually I Capitalized APPLICATIONS a few weeks ago, and I have had second thoughts about it as it does include a number of old sub-pages. Perhaps a better example would be one that has come up today, and that is TEAMS which I consider would be an ideal candidate to be in all capitals. It may require a little careful selection in choosing candidates. Anyway, what do you all think? With regards, Geoff. -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~newdocs Post to : newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~newdocs More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp