Re: But 1st, team guidelines(?) [was Re: My Resignation.]

On 01/02/14 05:20, Geoff Smith wrote:
On 01/02/14 04:41, Leigh Tate wrote:
Hi Team,

Geoff, before anything becomes official, can I make a plea for a transition phase? As we look to possibly add new members, I think it's only fair to them that we develop some guidelines as to what's expected of team members. Geoff, would you be willing to at least give some input on that? It would relieve my mind greatly.

We are not a discussion group, nor a decision making or policy setting team. We are a working team so I think new members need to know exactly what that means and how they can help, rather than waiting to catch on. I'm not sure if we can keep a file somewhere on LP, or perhaps we could amend the welcome message for the mailing list. What do you all think?

One example I'm thinking of is the guidelines we developed for checking NewDocs pages and moving them to ToBeReviewed.

Geoff, we'd need some instructions on how to find new links to add. Knome's tool addresses most visited pages, but your method on finding new, relavant links needs to be documented. We'll likely need some instructions for using knome's tool as well, once we get them worked out ourselves. Also the rationale for why we post updates to the forum wiki thread the way we do.

Do we need one for adding interesting links?

Perhaps we should also think about asking folks with the expertise to help with the pages on ToBeReviewed. That would be another tremendous help.

Something else that I think is important is the way everything is discussed with the team before being implemented. The team is an important checking system and safety catch for keeping NewDocs up to our high standards.

This is just off the top of my head, and I know there's more we'd need to include so as to help new members

Geoff, if you could at least hang in there to help with this and perhaps accept an emeritus status so as to avaliable for consultation if the need arises.

Best wishes to all,
Leigh