Re: But 1st, team guidelines(?) [was Re: My Resignation.]

Hi all.

Sorry for not replying to all this messages, but at weekends it's difficult
for me to do it. It's family time and I try as much as I can not to break
this rule.

On 31 January 2014 17:41, Leigh Tate <leigh.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Geoff, before anything becomes official, can I make a plea for a
> transition phase? As we look to possibly add new members, I think it's only
> fair to them that we develop some guidelines as to what's expected of team
> members. Geoff, would you be willing to at least give some input on that?
> It would relieve my mind greatly.
>
> We are not a discussion group, nor a decision making or policy setting
> team. We are a working team so I think new members need to know exactly
> what that means and how they can help, rather than waiting to catch on. I'm
> not sure if we can keep a file somewhere on LP, or perhaps we could amend
> the welcome message for the mailing list. What do you all think?

Since our team membership policy in launchpad reflects the need to build a
community (it's open, therefore is a inclusive team), we cannot create
branches which is where such a file would be placed. In order to be able to
do it we would have to alter the team membership policy to either be a
Restricted Team or a Moderated Team.

> One example I'm thinking of is the guidelines we developed for checking
> NewDocs pages and moving them to ToBeReviewed.
>
> Geoff, we'd need some instructions on how to find new links to add.
> Knome's tool addresses most visited pages, but your method on finding new,
> relavant links needs to be documented. We'll likely need some instructions
> for using knome's tool as well, once we get them worked out ourselves. Also
> the rationale for why we post updates to the forum wiki thread the way we
> do.
>
> Do we need one for adding interesting links?
>
> Perhaps we should also think about asking folks with the expertise to help
> with the pages on ToBeReviewed. That would be another tremendous help.
>
> Something else that I think is important is the way everything is
> discussed with the team before being implemented. The team is an important
> checking system and safety catch for keeping NewDocs up to our high
> standards.

That's the sort of things for what a team wiki page would fit perfectly.
You can have links from the teams' wiki page to all this: instructions,
guidelines, tutorials, related links such as the Bank page, knome's
listing, etc.

Cheers,
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster