Re: Proposed Feb Post 2

On 20/02/14 22:02, Geoff Smith wrote:
On 20/02/14 21:45, Leigh Tate wrote:
Hi Geoff and Team,

I'm just getting started on my E page review. Geoff, your post is farther along than mine so unless you feel compelled to, don't wait on me. :o

I have questions about including two of the proposed documentation pages:

1. Community Help Wiki https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommunityHelpWiki because if they're looking at that link then they're already there.

2. Lucid Upgrades https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LucidUpgrades . I know the server edition hasn't reached EOL, but since the page addresses /upgrading/ to Lucid, it seems unlikely many folks are doing that anymore. They'd be more likely to install or upgrade to a more recent version.

I hope to have my E page findings soon and will pass it on for the team's scrutiny.
Best wishes,
Leigh
----- Original Message -----
From: Geoff Smith
Sent: 02/20/14 01:41 AM
To: newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Newdocs] Proposed Feb Post 2

Below is my proposed next post for the end of February. I can post it either before or after Leigh's next post - advise me what to do. If any of the pages don't measure up let me know. Today there was a new Link added to the NewDocs <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NewDocs> Helpful Links <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Links> Page. TLP-Advanced Power Management <http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html> There were also 9 Documentation Pages added. Astrology <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology> Asus Zenbook UX302 <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbookUX302> Community Help Wiki <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommunityHelpWiki> LTS Enablement Stack <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack> Lucid Upgrades <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LucidUpgrades> Serial Console How to <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SerialConsoleHowto> Synergy How to <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynergyHowto> Switching To Ubuntu / From Linux / RedHat Enterprise Linux And Fedora <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromLinux/RedHatEnterpriseLinuxAndFedora> Ubuntu Studio Preparation <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation> There were also 9 Sub-pages removed, leaving Installation <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation> as the Parent-page. The running total of Documentation Pages in the Alterations To NewDocs <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AlterationsToNewDocs> Page is now 936 Pages. The number of Pages listed in the Helpful Links <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Links> Page is now 82. With Kind Regards, Geoff. -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~newdocs Post to : newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~newdocs More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Leigh & Team,

Re (1) The Community Help Wiki is not yet installed in NewDocs. (unless I misunderstand)

Re (2) I figured Lucid still had a place in NewDocs until EOL for servers was reached.

As we often are (lol) I will be guided by David on both issues.

BTW I trust you all are keeping well!

Cheers,
Geoff.

Hi again,

To reiterate, the Community Help Wiki can be accessed in NewDocs via its previous name "User Documentation"

Cheers,
Geoff.