Merging NewDocs with the Ubuntu documentation team

Dear Geoff, and all subscribers:

With regards to our discussion on #ubuntu-newdocs on February 14th [1],
we are formally proposing to merge the NewDocs team to the umbrella
Ubuntu documentation team.

There are plenty advantages on this move, such as a more easy and
expedit information exchange between the NewDocs contributors and other
wiki people. Merging the teams will make this project more accessible
for new contributors looking for ways to help and hopefully help the
maintaining burden for both the NewDocs contributors and wiki admins.
Ultimately, we hope the merging will bring new contributors to both teams.

We will do our best to make the merge process a natural, and in many
ways, an expected one. Furthermore, we feel it is essential that
everybody who have contributed to NewDocs will continue their work
within the Ubuntu documentation team.

Also, along with this merge, we're proposing to rename the page in the
Community Help wiki to PopularPages, to be more discoverable and
meaningful. We will make sure the old page is redirected to the new one
when this change takes place.

Thank you,
Svetlana and David

[1] http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/02/14/%23ubuntu-newdocs.html#t01:27
--
Svetlana Belkin A.K.A: belkinsa
Member of: LoCo Contacts, Ubuntu Doc Team, Ubuntu Ohio, Ubuntu Women

Follow ups