nova-orchestration team mailing list archive

Re: Tactical Scheduler/Scalability plan ...

Mike:

In the short term, we really just need numeric data: specifically, how many GPUs are available on each compute node.

More generally, I can imagine having different nodes with different kinds of hardware. In that case, we need info about the GPUs (e.g., nvidia fermi) as well as how many are free. However, this qualitative information about the GPU doesn't need to live in the Capacity Cache, since it doesn't really change over time for a given compute node.

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein, Computer Scientist
USC Information Sciences Institute