Re: Twisted or Eventlet?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Soren Hansen <soren.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Having thought through this a few times now, my concern boils down to
> this: I've used Twisted, and know that I like it, enjoy working with it
> and I have a a good relationship with upstream. I've not really used
> eventlet (outside of running the example echoserver when I first heard
> about eventlet), and don't know whether I'll like it, love it, or hate
> its guts, so basically I'm choosing between something I like and
> something I don't know.

I wish I knew more about Eventlet so I could give a more salient argument
such as "I used it and it worked and I loved it", but without that, I'm
reduced to looking up comparisons on the web, and finding things like this:
http://teddziuba.com/2010/02/eventlet-asynchronous-io-for-g.html

Snarkily toned, yes, but he comes to the same conclusion as every other
comparison article I've read.  It could well be that Twisted devotees are
too busy writing awesome systems to defend against the new hotness :)

Michael