Re: Why not python threads?

Forgive a Python noob's question, but what's wrong with just using Python
threads?  Why introduce multiple processes?

It seems that Eric's benchmarks indicate that the overhead would be
tolerable, and the code would definitely be much cleaner.

The multiple process idea is another argument in favor of simple
threading... if we figure out sharding, we could run multiple compute
service processes to get around scaling limits that going with simple
threading might introduce (e.g. GIL contention).

Justin