Moving away from SQLAlchemy models? What?

Looking at the commit message for r316 on trunk, I see this (emphasis mine):

    Also refactored NovaBase and removed several methods since they
    would have to be changed *when we move away from sqlalchemy models*
    and begin using sqlalchemy table definitions.

I find it worrisome that such things are stated as though they are
naturally given or generally agreed upon. I have no recollection of a
discussion to that effect, let alone a decision.

I certainly hope a big patch to do this doesn't suddenly turn up without
prior discussion and a related blueprint..

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer    http://www.ubuntu.com/

Follow ups