Re: nova class architecture/interaction diagram

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Anne Gentle <anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wow, thanks Andy. I have a Mac so I can help with the graffle file if
> anyone has suggestions or edits, just write back to the list.

It's actually a bit more useful when opened in omnigraffle as it has layers
that can be turned on and off to specify different parts.

> How do you suggest we get this info onto the wiki or onto
> nova.openstack.org? Are there logical ways to divide the nova.png so that
> people can see it on one screen?

Not a whole lot, I think it is mostly a zoom-and-move thing, what I did plan
on doing was adding some larger sized labels so that is easy to visually
pick out where you want to go.

As for getting it on the wiki... technically OmniGraffle exports to SVG, but
I haven't looked into that too far. Ideally it could be somewhat
interactive. One thought I had for it was that it gave a good canvas to draw
operation flow examples, for example an admin request coming in that
broadcast's the upgrade command to all or a subsection of ComputeManagers
and what happens from there.

Once I finish writing up a couple mini-proposals regarding the rolling
upgrade procedures I'll revisit the diagram to add some of the features I
had in mind.