novacut-community team mailing list archive

Documentation

Hello everyone,

So as the month winds down and the next release draws near, I thought it a
good time to highlight the API documentation I've been working on.

First, there is the filestore
documentation<http://docs.novacut.com/filestore/index.html>.
The filestore component implements the dmedia hashing protocol and file
layout.  Originally this was inside dmedia itself, but it is a stand-alone
component now.

Second, there is the Microfiber
documentation<http://docs.novacut.com/microfiber/index.html>.
Microfiber is a generic REST adapter for talking to CouchDB.  It works with
Python2 and Python3, plus has internal OAuth and basic auth support.

Next month I'm going to work on API docs for Novacut and dmedia,
particularly focusing on documenting the CouchDB schema they both use.  The
schema is important from both the Python side and JavaScript side of things
as the schema is in effect the API the UI uses to modify the edit state.

The 11.09 component releases will all be rolling out later this week!

Cheers,
Jason