novacut-community team mailing list archive

Updated FileStore documentation

14.05 brings a big update to the FileStore documentation.

Of particular interest, I think, is the newly reworked "Protocol Design
Rationale":

    http://docs.novacut.com/filestore/protocol.html

`protocol.rst` previously documented the now defunct V0 "interim" protocol,
but now it covers the overall protocol framework, the design aspects we
expect to be consistent across all protocol versions, both current (V1) and
future.

As always, we welcome feedback and critique on these security-sensitive
aspects of the Novacut stack and their implementations.

If you have a comment or critique, please feel free to email this public
list, or to email me privately at jderose@xxxxxxxxxxx.  Likewise, please feel
free to stop by the #novacut IRC channel on freenode, where you can also send
me a private message with:

    /msg jderose Hmmm, I have concern!

Replacing "Hmmm, I have concern!" with whatever you actually want to say, of
course :)

Happy editing!
  -Jason