novacut-prototypes team mailing list archive

new member

Hi all --

I just discovered Novacut today, and am excited enough to have blown
off most of what I should have done today to explore Novacut.

I'm going on vacation for ten days Saturday, and I'll have a laptop
full of novacut-prototype to play with.  I've resisted learning JQuery
until now, but it's time to buy an OReilly book and dig in.  After I
get back, I hope I'll make time to make python contributions to
dmedia.

I am 80% developer, 20% movie maker.  Back in 1995 a friend and I
started writing a feature, and in 1996 we bought one of the first DV
cameras and shot it.  Since then I finished graduate school in physics
and tried to support myself as a corporate/event videographer.  But I
never quite made it, and morphed into a programmer.  Among many other
things, I wrote python for the in-studio pipeline on Avatar for 3
years.  Meanwhile, I've done a few novelty video shorts, and teach
video production to 6th-12th graders.  I'm 49, and live in Pasadena,
near L.A.

Bob Nolty