nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #57582]: Can NSsbackup create backups on a file server that is locally mounted?

Question #57582 on NSsbackup changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/57582

Jean-Peer Lorenz proposed the following answer:
Ok, this looks good. There are actually 2 problems:

1. The logs didn't contain something useful due to the above described
issue. If you'd disable additional profiles, the error would be logged
in the log file. Anyway, the log issue is fixed for RC3.

2. The notification module, i.e. the module that displays nice popup
windows for user's information, returns an error. This is not directly
an issue of NSsbackup but we should handle the error. I will include
this in RC3.

Please do the following:

1. Since this is a real bug, create a bug report containing the post of the recent shell output.
2. Please check, if you've installed the package 'notification-daemon'.

At last I want to answer your question concerning the auto-complete within the shell:
There is a script '/usr/share/nssbackup/nssbackup' that is only used by cron daemon and should not be called by users. Furthermore there are the scripts: 'nssbackupd', 'nssbackup-config-gui' and 'nssbackup-restore-gui'. If you type 'nss' and expand it by pressing TAB, the bash is able to expand to 'nssbackup'. From here multiple choices exist. You could type a 'd' TAB to expand to 'nssbackupd' or '-c' TAB to expand to 'nssbackup-config-gui' etc. These scripts are found in the PATH if you press ENTER. So they were find by the shell.

Always read carefully what commands to use ;)

Thank you very much for your effort and check out the announcements. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards. Jean-Peer.

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.