nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

Re: ConfigManager extends RawConfigParser

Hi Jean-Peer,

> Another question from me: did you've synchronized the translations
> before you did uploading the templates? I've tried not to introduce any
> untranslated strings in the release candidates. Unfortunately some
> already made translations were lost in Launchpad, as far as I could see.
> Is there a possibility to get the translations back? (If not, no
> problem, it's a question of 19 items in German)

I Thought Launchpad would merge the strings after I have uploaded new
templates :-/ . Now I have my answer. Sorry for that :-(.

> Should I create a branch for my developments within the trunk? Since I'm
> more experienced with SVN than Bazaar, I'm not sure how (good) merging
> branches works etc.? What would you suggest? Is there anything I have
> consider?

It depends if the work you want to do is very big or not. Anyway, when
you retrieve a branch from launchpad, you already create a branch
(locally), which means you are managing a versioning locally.
Then if I do it on my computer, and I deliver before you, you will have
to merge. So anyhow, you will have at on point to deal with merging.

Then why do I say, it depends on the size of the work you want to do?
Because Launchpad allows you to push your local branch on the server
(which looks like the branching on SVN).

Then, for information, there is  way to work with BZR like on SVN (with
auto-push). It's called checkouts (
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#using-checkouts
).

As for the merging, it works quite well. When there is a conflict, 3
files are created BASE (the common parent of the files), THIS (Your
version) and OTHER (the other version) and the file itself is modified
to insert markers on the conflict.

One important note is, when you want to move an rename file, use "bzr
mv". This will avoid issues during merges.

> There are some more questions/ideas/suggestions from me, but I need to
> prepare them and my timetable is quite full at the moment.

Take your time, no problem :-)

Cheers
Aziz