nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

[Question #68715]: nssbackup doesn't work under jaunty

New question #68715 on NSsbackup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/68715

Nssbackup worked under Ibex, but no more under Jaunty.

So I uninstalled it (it was I think a release from sources) and installed from depots.

Since it did not work from the menu (no windows appears), i tried from a terminal: here is the result

tux@tux-laptop:~/nssbackup/nssbackup-0.2-0.orig/scripts$ nssbackup-config-gui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/nssbackup-config-gui", line 20, in <module>
    from nssbackup.ui.SBConfigGTK import main
ImportError: No module named nssbackup.ui.SBConfigGTK

having read the question of Pirboazo, I cheked my installation, found that python 2.5 is used, but did not find the requested file:

tux@tux-laptop:/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages$ ls
nssbackup-2.0-py2.5.egg-info

However  I exported the path:

tux@tux-laptop:~/nssbackup/nssbackup-0.2-0.orig/scripts$  export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages

and tried again

tux@tux-laptop:~/nssbackup/nssbackup-0.2-0.orig/scripts$ nssbackup-config-gui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/nssbackup-config-gui", line 20, in <module>
    from nssbackup.ui.SBConfigGTK import main
ImportError: No module named nssbackup.ui.SBConfigGTK
tux@tux-laptop:~/nssbackup/nssbackup-0.2-0.orig/scripts$

so I don't know what I should do ? Install from source?

thanks

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.