nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #69044]: After upgrading to Jaunty all backups were deleted

Question #69044 on NSsbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/69044

Steffen gave more information on the question:
I am actually searching for the reason:

Either something deleted my backup files and not the folders and
nssbackup marked the folders as corrupt because it did not find any
files.

Or nssbackup failed to read the files and deleted these.

My backup drive is an external 1TByte Ext3 drive. I could recover the
missing files with ext3grep afterwards.

The last backup was immediately before upgrading to Jaunty and I checked
this. After upgrading I unfortunately did not check if the files still
exist and started nssbackup restore instead. Then in restore no backups
available appeared I saw that no bakup files exists in the drive. Just
the to "incorrect" renamed folders.

My older sbackup folders in the same general folder are untouched,
means that they have their files.

So my question,

Does nssbackup ever delete backup files if it could not read these?

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.