nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #127322]: Plans for Non-Gnome environments?

Question #127322 on Simple Backup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/127322

Jean-Peer Lorenz requested for more information:
Hello Andreas,

thanks for using SBackup.

Well, personally I've no intention to port SBackup to non-free OS such
as Windows or OS-X. One reason for this is the lack of testing machines
running these operation systems. However, nothing speaks against such
port and I'm willing to incorporate fixes and patches to support it:
improvement of install scripts, workarounds etc.

Your considerations regarding 'GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL' are correct though I'm not sure about required workarounds.
At first, please file a bug report for this issue. Next step could be a list of environment variable not available on OS-X and some patches to work around these. Do you have some programming experience? Can you run SBackup from tarball or even bzr branch?

So long,
Jean-Peer

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.