nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

[Question #138633]: How does the purge feature work?

New question #138633 on Simple Backup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/138633

Firstly, just to say I think sbackup is fantastic. I hope it gets included with Ubuntu by default at some point - it's really really excellent. So thank you!

I was just wondering though what the purge configuration does? I've read the documentation but couldn't find any details. I'm basically concerned that if I enable it, I might lose full backups I made and be left with only more recent incremental backups, and therefore lose files. So how does it work exactly?

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.