nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

[Question #139554]: Cannot schedule backups, "schedule" tab greyed out

New question #139554 on Simple Backup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/139554

Using Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)
Installed sbackup 0.11.3
(I note that the config and restoration items appear in Applications --> Accessories menu, contrary to every piece of online documentation, a recent book I bought called Ubuntu Kung Fu and even a magazine I saw in a shop today)
I can create a manual backup so it looks like it is set up OK. I told it to do a full backup at least every 1 day in the 'General' tab. I have yet to see the backup file appear automatically though and have been watching it for 2 days...
Most oddly, the tab which all documentation I've seen shows titled as "Time", is titled "Schedule" and is greyed out. It looks like there is an option called "Simple" there which is selected. Current profile is shown as "Default profile".

I would like to know, mainly, how to get the scheduled backups going once a day. Secondarily, I would be interested to know why that tab is greyed out.

As I am relatively new to Ubuntu I am not sure if this is a bug or some error on my part, like not installing another program which more experienced users have naturally accumulated on their systems by now. Synaptic only seemed to indicate one other package was needed, called sbackup-gtk, which I installed. I have tried reinstalling sbackup from its home site as well as the default Ubuntu code repository where Synaptic originally found it.

Thanks in anticipation   8)

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.