nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #140592]: restore/revert produces only empty folders

Question #140592 on Simple Backup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/140592

Jean-Peer Lorenz proposed the following answer:
I've digged into it and found that your issue is a bug. The problem
stems from tar's commandline option '--occurrence' which behaves
inconsistently. It does work if a top-level folder is being extracted
but does not work for other directories. Unfortunately, pre-release test
didn't cover such cases. Sorry for any trouble. I've filed a bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/sbackup/+bug/709338 and will release a fix
ASAP.

Thanks to all for choosing sbackup and helping to make it better.

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.