nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

[Question #149698]: Cannot connect to a remote directory using SSH

Question #149698 on sbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/149698

Description changed to:
Hi,

first of all, thanks a lot for your great software.

I'm trying to save data to a remote directory on my local network. So I chosed the SSH connection, enter the hostname (192.168.X.X), directory and credentials settings and tried to connect. But I got an error message saying 'Unable to mount host. Connexion box has been canceled' (translated from French).
You can see my configuration windows here :  http://hpics.li/2befc89
I tried using the public address of this server, didn't work, I tried to use the NFS remote access, didn't work either

Finally, I tried mounting my directory locally (with NFS on my user
account) and save data on it but I got a warning from sbackup saying my
actual credentials doesn't allow me to save data on that storage.

How can I do to get it working ?
For the record, I'm using the latest PPA version (0.11.4) and it was the same thing with 0.11.3 (using Ubuntu 10.10)

Thanks a lot for your answer

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.