nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

[Question #216105]: My back up files on a windows partition have been erased when I partitioned my linux partition and re-installed ubuntu

New question #216105 on sbackup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/216105

I made a full back up of my linux partition on my windows partition of my netbook so that I would be able to restore my information later.  I then erased my linux partition (ubuntu 10.10) and installed Ubuntu 12.04 .  When I went back to my windows 7 starter partition the back up folders were now empty. I had checked them previously to make sure that the back-up had been successful.  I don't understand what went wrong and I am not without my data. Photorec did  see some gzip files that I thought might be the missing backups but they were not recoverable (0 data).  Any suggestions ? Have I missed something? Are the back-ups there but not visible because of issues about myself not being root?  Any help would be appreciated.

eph

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.