nssbackup-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #216144]: unexpected large increase in size of backup

Question #216144 on sbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/216144

Anton requested more information:
I should clarify my question. There are, as you mentioned, two instances
of Simple Backup Config and Simple Backup Restore in the dash. One of
them runs as you (user), the other as super user (a.k.a. root). You
cannot tell the difference, except that when you start the super user
one, you'll be asked for your password ('to perform administrative
tasks' -- unless you just also did something else as super user, because
the credentials linger around for some time like 5 minutes or so).

So, my question was about which instance (root or user) you ran,
possibly different ones each time. This has no relevance to which
directories are backed up, that is dictated by the configuration (which
is also different for root or user).

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.