numix team mailing list archive

Arch Linux based dev vm

Some one in another thread asked if I would share my dev vm. It's in
virtualbox, which runs on all platforms and is free software to boot!
I created a torrent of it which I've attached to this email. Hopefully
that will make it a faster download for anyone who wants it. You
should be able to simply move the downloaded folder into the"VirtualBox VMs"
folder in your home directory to install it or open the folder and double
click the nos-dev-vm.vbox file to start it. I've installed gnome-tweak-tool
and preconfigured the numix themes and icons. Git is already installed along
with zsh if you prefer it (as I do). Otherwise it is straight Gnome 3.10.
This is Arch Linux, and yaourt is installed for accessing the aur. For those
not familiar with Arch you should run yaourt -Syua in the terminal about
once a week. That should keep you up to date. the user is nos-dev with
password numix-os. It has sudo access.
The root password is set, but I've forgotten it. You can set it with sudo passwd
You should have at least 2gigs of ram to run this, but probably more to
run it well. Also a processor supporting the various virtualiztion
extensions is a must for good performance. Any computer from the last
4-5 years should suffice (unless it's a Pentium/Celeron/Atom deal).
--
Micah Nordland <micah@xxxxxxxxxx>
PS: Please encrypt and sign mails to me.