nunit-dev team mailing list archive

DEV: Initial import of NUnit 3.0 development code

Hi All,

I uploaded code for the new framework to Launchpad. This
is the working copy of version 2.9.1. It's currently
functionally equivalent to 2.5.1 and you can run tests
that use it with the 2.5 or 2.5.1 runners.

One serious change is that the license is now MIT / X11.
This has the advantage of being widely known and understood
even though it isn't really much different from our
old NUnit license.

The code is in the trunk and can be accessed in the most
simplistic way by entering the following command in a
directory of your choosing.

bzr branch lp:nunit-3.0

This will create a subdirectory called trunk containing your
new branch and a working tree for your use.

As I said, this is a very simplistic approach. It's what you
want if you merely want to compile and test NUnit. If you
expect to be working on NUnit you'll want to have multiple
branches, so a shared repository is called for. The easiest
way to do that is to enter the following in the directory
that will contain all your branches.

bzr init-repo .
bzr branch lp:nunit-3.0

These two methods should keep you for now, but if you want
to see a more advanced approach, read Paul's blog article at
http://theironlion.net/blog/2009/01/23/more-advanced-bazaar-concepts/

Of course, you need to install bazaar to do this. I'm
using 1.16.1 quite happily. You can download it at
http://launchpad.net/bzr/1.16/1.16.1 which has packages
for various systems. If you're on Windows you probably
want the "Windows Standalone Installer."

I'll post a more detailed how-to article in a few days.

Charlie