nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Installation layout for NUnit V3

Hi Charlie,

I've just pushed my commits on the installer. There are still some
issues with UAC on Vista, which I'd like to solve. Besides, it requires
admin privileges for now.

I thought about a folder structure similar to your proposal, but I was
too conservative. I agree with you. I changed the folder structure of
the installer to this:

NUnit
  Framework
    3.0
      net-1.1   (if available)
      net-2.0   (if available)
    3.1
      net-1.1
      net-2.0

If you use the Custom setup type the installer will let you choose to
install the assemblies in the GAC. The checkbox appears after the
feature tree. The installer defines two components for the framework
assembly with conditions which are mutually exclusive. I'm not content
with the solution, since it duplicates the definition of the components
for the assemblies and it causes some warnings from the ICE validation.

Andreas