nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Please Review Proposed FAQ on Using Bazaar

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:45:03 -0700, "Charlie Poole" <charlie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://nunit.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dev:faq:as_a_casual_contributor_how_do_i_f
> ix_a_single_nunit_bug
>
> Does it make sense? Does it seem right?

I have a few suggestions.

I wouldn't suggest using the --stacked branch option for local stuff.  We use
stacked in Launchpad to help the speed of push, but creating stacked branches
locally doesn't really make a huge difference, and is easily prone to breakage
when you decide to move folders around.

Also, are you planning on using merge proposals in Launchpad for reviews?  The
problem with doing `bzr send` to a mailing list is that you have to be a member
of the list.  If you send the email to merge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Launchpad will
create the branch and add your specific revisions (if you haven't pushed it),
and then create a merge proposal, using the content of your email as the merge
proposal itself.  It does require your GPG key though.  You can also make sure
that the merge proposal creation emails go to the dev list so that all the devs
see it by subscribing the nunit-dev team on launchpad to the source branch.

Just food for thought.

Cheers,
Paul