nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Note on building from source

Hi Olof,

> > Some of the changes going on are changes to the GenSyntax
> tool, which
> > generates the source for a number of classes in the 3.0 framework.
> >
> > So, it's a good idea to rebuild GenSyntax.exe before doing anything
> > else with a new branch you're reviewing. You can do that
> using the VS
> > project at tools\src\CodeGeneration\CodeGeneration.sln or via the
> > build-tools target of the nant script.
>
> Question: are the files generated by GenSyntax.exe checked
> into source control..?

Yes, and that works fine for Visual Studio users, since VS does not
regenerate the files. However, the NAnt script currently regenerates
the files and if you have an older copy of GenSyntax.exe in the
directory, it will be used.

This will change eventually, since it's confusing, but since I just
ran into the problem myself I thought I'd issue a warning.

Charlie