nuvola-player-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~minchal/nuvola-player/integration-deezer into lp:nuvola-player

Review: Needs Information

Well, I have finally some time for the review. First of all, some boring legal stuff.

data/nuvolaplayer/services/deezer/icon.png:
Is this icon your original work? Is the PNG format preferred form for modification or is it an exported image from GIMP/Inkscape? What is its license?

data/nuvolaplayer/services/deezer/integration.js:
You chose GNU GPL 3 for your work, whereas the main program of Nuvola Player is licensed under 2-Clause BSD license. Since the license of the main program is compatible with GNU GPL, I believe it's OK to use GPL-licensed integration scripts as described in the GPL FAQ (cited bellow). However, I'm not a lawyer and if my interpretation would be found invalid, all GPL-covered scripts would be removed from the project. Therefore, I would appreciate if you would relicense your work under 2-Clause BSD license.

"If the program dynamically links plug-ins, and they make function calls to each other and share data structures, we believe they form a single program, which must be treated as an extension of both the main program and the plug-ins. In order to use the GPL-covered plug-ins, the main program must be released under the GPL or a GPL-compatible free software license, and that the terms of the GPL must be followed when the main program is distributed for use with these plug-ins." http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#NFUseGPLPlugins

data/nuvolaplayer/services/deezer/metadata.conf:
You want your work to be distributed with Nuvola Player, but you didn't set maintainer_link to your Launchpad account. It's mandatory condition.

"maintainer_link - link to page with contact to maintainer (including http:// or https://) or email address prefixed by mailto:. If you want to have your service integration shipped with Nuvola Player, you must use link to your Launchpad profile." http://nuvolaplayer.fenryxo.cz/contribute/development/service_integration.html

Finally, code review: Great, no fixes necessary.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~minchal/nuvola-player/integration-deezer/+merge/125904
Your team Nuvola Player Development is subscribed to branch lp:nuvola-player.