nuvola-player-devel team mailing list archive

Nuvola Player 2.1 Beta 2 has been released

I'm happy to announce the second beta release of Nuvola Player 2.1
that brings a few fixes, updated translations and updated template for
translations [1]. The common changelog for Beta 1 and Beta 2 releases
is divided into three parts: user news [2], developer news [3] and bug
fixes [4].

[1] https://launchpad.net/nuvola-player/+milestone/2.1-beta2
[2] http://nuvolaplayer.fenryxo.cz/releases/2.1/users.html
[3] http://nuvolaplayer.fenryxo.cz/releases/2.1/developers.html
[4] http://nuvolaplayer.fenryxo.cz/releases/2.1/bug_fixes.html

=== Installation: Binary packages ===

Nuvola Player Project provides binary packages for Debian Sid and
Wheezy [5] and for Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04 [6].

[5] http://ppa.fenryxo.cz/nuvola-player/README.html
[6] https://launchpad.net/~nuvola-player-builders/+archive/beta

=== Installation: From source ===

You can download signed source tarballs at Launchpad downloads page
[7] and then follow instructions in file INSTALL.

[7] https://launchpad.net/nuvola-player/+download

== Crowd-funding ==

I'm trying to crowd-fund my work on Nuvola Player via Gittip [8]. If
you like Nuvola Player and its features [9] and appreciate all the
work that has been done so far, please consider setting up a small
recurrent donation [8] to support further maintenance and development
of Nuvola Player, thank you. If there are enough supporters, I will
start porting Nuvola Player to WebKit2Gtk [10] (this should solve all
issues with Flash plugin forever) and I will set up a website for
voting for new features to be implemented in next development cycle,
so you will have influence on what I will spend funded time on. The
current funding goal is 25 USD/week (100 backers with a minimal tip
0.25 USD).

[8] https://www.gittip.com/NuvolaPlayer/
[9] http://nuvolaplayer.fenryxo.cz/features.html
[10] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nuvola-player/+bug/1183237

=== About Nuvola Player ===

Nuvola Player runs a web interface of cloud music services in its own
window and provides integration with a Linux desktop (multimedia keys,
system tray, media player applets, dock menu, notifications and more)
to create more native experience than common web browsers.

Enjoy!

Jiří Janoušek

=== 2.1 Beta 2 - August 17, 2013 ===

# Changes since version 2.1 Beta 1.

* Google Play: Updated country availability.

* Google Play: Added information about issue with GStreamer 1.0.x.

* Don't remember and use small window size. (Closes: LP:1182567)

* Added tabs with details about HTML5 Audio and Flash plugin to Format support
  dialog.

* Updated translations.

* Updated template for translations.