ooc-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Request for comments - Arrays (Literals, Types, C Arrays, Stack allocation, Optimizations), and Constructors

Hi there,

I like the array literal changes!

In Java, calling 'Dog new()' would be illegal. Should we forbid it in ooc too? (Based on the name of the method, even if it's user-defined). I think it's a wise choice, except it will maybe require more boilerplate code in some classes.
Do we (the language users, not compiler developers) have any advantages if we forbid derived constructors?

And I agree that we have to think about c-style arrays in functions and covers, too. Can we really just replace all C array declarations with pointer declarations?

Cheers,

Friedrich