ooc-dev team mailing list archive

Google Summer of Code

Hello,

Starting soon this month is the Google Summer of Code (GSOC). Google is
sponsoring students to code on
open source projects and get paid ($5000) for doing so! As well each
mentoring organization also gets $500.

I think this is a great chance to draw in new talents to the world of ooc.
It is also a great opportunity for students
wanting to learn more about compiler development. This is a great chance to
gain some full time coders to help further
the development of Rock.

Part of the application process involves submitting a list of project ideas.
Please reply back with any ideas you might have.
Ideas should be able to keep the student busy for the whole coding period
(about 3 months). We can also combine smaller
tasks together.

So do you guys think this is something ooc should pursue? If you are a
student I highly suggest you look into applying as well.

Josh

Google Summer of Code Homepage:
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/show/google/gsoc2010
FAQ: