ooc-dev team mailing list archive

Re: About garbage collection

Thanks,
I will try the parallel mode on the boehm gc as soon as I have a little time
and tell you about the results.
I've read about the immix implementation of that guy before. He has not
implemented defragmentation. Maybe that's the reason of the faster
collection cycles. I don't think I want to implement a garbage collector by
myself. At least not from scratch.

My game is about using letters to make words. It uses a physics engine and
the letters are into bubbles moving in the screen. That's why the collection
lag is so noticeable.

About rock, yes I've found some bugs that made me change my code to
something else because rock just don't like some things. The biggest problem
was founding where in my code the problem was. And the error reports are
wrong most of the times.

Are you planning on releasing rock 1.0? I thought it was abandoned or so and
oc would have the attention now.

Well, thanks a lot again!!
Damian

El 20/12/2010, a las 06:07, Amos Wenger < <ndd@xxxxxxxxxx>ndd@xxxxxxxxxx>