openerp-brazil-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Openerp-expert-localization] Beginning of the certification process for localization modules

Hello Nicolas,

Renato Lima (in copy) and me are the main people behind the Brazilian
localization of OpenERP. I just gave you commit rights, registering you to
the "openerp-brazil-team".
For V6, you should consider that branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-brazil-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/trunk
<https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-brazil-team/openerp.pt-br-localiz/trunk>It
depends on 2 other modules that we believe are not Brazil
specific: account_fiscal_position_rule
and account_product_fiscal_classification so we put them in the extra-addons
trunk branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-extra-addons
.
(I'm forwarding a mail about those two modules).

Just like OpenERP itself, the Brazilian localization is still a moving
target. We deployed only twice in production so far (and we we are taking
care of updating it) and will deploy the third one in a few days. That's
pretty young, so I'm not sure we can include it frozen in 6.0, but what
would be great is to team together already to make sure we converge for 6.1
or whatever you call it in a few months. In the meantime, it's best IMHO to
let the localization evolve as it should and make people aware they would
need to get their hand dirty to adapt until it's fully mature.

Feel free to contact us for more information.
Thanks in advance for your work.

Raphaël Valyi
Founder and ERP Consultant
+55 21 3010 9965